Are you passionate about great investigative journalism? Can you bring energy, commitment and vision to your job? Do you believe in dynamic, diverse workplaces and want to make a difference?
The UK’s largest independent media organisation is expanding and we are looking for a high calibre individual who wants to help our organisation become a world leader in mission-driven investigative journalism.
The Production Editor will be responsible for everything the Bureau publishes including editing and subbing copy, layout, picture commissioning and publishing content on our website.
We are looking for somebody who has a flair for turning long, involved copy into an engaging story; somebody who knows how to get stories noticed, and who can make our website sing.
This is a full-time role that will be based in our London office.
Salary: £42,000 to £46,000 depending on experience
- Making our stories really shine
- Editing and subbing all copy published on the website
- Layout of copy and furniture
- Publishing our content using our CMS
- Overseeing all content on our website
- Picture selection and commissioning
- Working with reporters to shape stories
- Developing alternative methods of story-telling
- Helping with fact checking
Experience and skills
- Obsessed with detail
- Brilliant writing and editing
- Good visual sense
- Fantastic ideas about how to tell stories better
- At least three years experience of publishing online
- At least three years editing or subbing experience
- Proven ability to work in a team
- A passion for great journalism
- Understanding of nuance
- Great project management and organisation
- Able to work to a deadline and manage reporters within production deadlines
- Knowledge of media law and ethics
Desirable experience and skills
- Social media
- SEO and use of analytics to amplify the reach of stories
- Audience/community engagement
- Understanding of investigative journalism or mission-driven reporting
- An awareness of the not-for-profit media landscape
- Thoughts about driving social change through journalism
- Video and picture editing
Send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]
The closing date is March 4.